I am 22 weeks pregnant today with bambino #2 and yesterday was the big ultrasound!
I wont lie I was beyond anxious. I wanted to see this baby so badly. Brian was his usual calm self topped off with a layer of "this ain't my first rodeo." But that's why we're a great match: I= super excitable, Brian= extra mellow. So anyway imagine the two of us sitting on a bench in the doctor's waiting room. I was bouncing off the walls whispering "Let's get this show on the road" and Brian was looking up movie times for our after lunch movie date plans. When we finally got back to the ultrasound room the tech was chatting with us and measuring the baby, she asked if we were wanting to know the sex and I said a little too excitedly, "Uh yeah!" It was so amazing seeing the little one on the big screen. Seeing the spine and arms and tiny toes. She admitted that the baby was "being stubborn" but she kept measuring and pointing things out and then I heard Brian gasp and she smiled, "There it is."
A boy!
And then I cried.
Two sons. I will still be able to say "my boys" and "my fellas" and every other dorky mommy thing. And all of the adorable clothes that I was sad to pack up will find new life on a new little man. Obviously this is something only I am excited about, but all the same.
Most importantly I will have another smiley, huggy, giggling boy to love more than anything!
We broke the news to Everett that, like everyone else,
his guess was just a guess and that he's not getting a "baby girl."
Now if you ask him what's in mommy's belly he will tell you, "Baby brother."
Oh I hope they'll be best buddies!
Now we tackle the name game. We have a few ideas with a pretty clear front runner but nothing we're ready to announce to the world yet. So much pressure!
In the mean time we'll be working on the nursery and a few other projects I have my sights set on before the little guy gets here.

stay tuned for an update about Daddy's big Walk Event and every other thing we've been up to!
No comments:
Post a Comment