Dear Everett,
I cant believe it has been two years since I first saw your sweet chubby face. You are the center of my universe, you bring me sunshine on cloudy days and you make me laugh even when I feel like crying. Life can be challenging, but you are the one thing in Daddy and I's lives that is worth every moment.
There are so many things that I want to share with you today the most important is that your are my life's dream. Growing up some people knew they wanted to be a doctor or teacher- I wanted to be a mommy. Every time you request a hug or tell me you love me I think how lucky I am that you're mine. We have watched you grow into this curious, observant, funny boy and I know that in the next year you will continue to show Daddy and I exactly the kind of man you will one day be. For now I am happy to be a passenger along for the ride that will be your third year of life. This year you will be potty trained (and you don't even know it yet!) you will continue to express yourself in the most humorous and surprising of ways and perhaps most importantly, you will become a big brother. This year Daddy and I will bring someone into your life that I only hope to be one of your best friends and an ally against the world. I am very excited for you to take on this role, and I look forward to seeing you as my little helper and certainly as an affectionate sibling. This is one lucky baby!
I've also been imagining what it will be like 28 years from today. I picture us celebrating your 30th birthday- and myself looking at a man and seeing my baby in him. I imagine everything you will be and all the pride I will still feel when you call me 'mom.'
I love you in a way you may never understand.
Happy Birthday baby boy!
-Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment